Thursday, October 4, 2012

Pumpkin Spice


It should come as no secret that I LOOOOOOVE fall.  The leaves changing color, the chill in the air, football starting up again, soups and roasts and yummy apple or pumpkin desserts… fall chills my hands and cheeks, and warms my heart.  Call me a weirdo, but I see summer as the season I have to “suffer through” to get to fall.  I hate, hate, hate being hot and sweaty and SO look forward to my favorite season, when I can layer up, rake leaves, and drink a Pumpkin Spice Latte once again.

Something about fall gives me butterflies of anticipation. Maybe I’m looking forward to the upcoming holidays, or the first beautiful snow of the year, I don’t know.  But the first few weeks of fall put a song in my heart and just make me feel giddy and hopeful and anxious… the “good” kind of anxious.  I find myself doing a lot of thinking and praying and dreaming about the future.

For the past few years, that season of autumn hopefulness was filled with thoughts of bringing a child into our family.  Someone else to bundle and cuddle and play in the leaves with.  In 2010, I distinctly remember my first Pumpkin Spice of the year being a “treat” to make myself feel better after a pretty awful hospital appointment, trying desperately to figure out the cause of infertility.  In 2011, my first Pumpkin Spice of the year wasn’t until November 1, the day we turned in our profile books and became a “Waiting Family,” I day I know I’ve talked about here before. Wow, what a difference a year had made.

In 2012, my first Pumpkin Spice was a treat from Dede, a “feel better” drink after her 49ers smashed my Packers the day before, as the four of us pushed Libby around the Mall of America in her stroller on a sunny Monday morning.  My, my how things have changed once again.

This fall, I am filled as always with hopes and dreams and butterflies.  I just love this season so much.  But how completely wonderful to finally hold that beautiful little person in my arms and know exactly who it is that I’ve been dreaming about.  To wish and pray about HER future now, not just mine.

I’d love to hear, what’s the season that gets YOU dreaming and hoping? Thinking back on the last few years, as your favorite season comes and goes, how wonderfully has your life changed? Enough about me :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment